My thoughts about Miss Teen USA 2013…
I would have to admit that it’s getting harder and harder every year. There are many beautiful girls competing and the competitions at Miss USA, Miss Universe, and Miss Teen USA are intense.
After reviewing videos, pictures, and other media, I have my top 16 picks. Although I revealed my pre top 16 and top 5 picks, some of them changed since then. Some of the girls since then were disappointing because they did not exhibit the qualities that we were looking for in Miss Teen USA.
The bubbles for me are: Nevada, Oklahoma, and Illinois.
But my Top 3 remain the same. However, I am still having a hard time picking out the 4th and 5th.
The girls that I didn’t really pay attention to until everyone began arriving for Miss Teen USA are Kansas and Idaho.
Kansas – I loved her video and in fact, I like her more because she knows signs and she signed in the web interview. It’s really nice to see someone who can sign so I can watch the video without closed captioning. For those of you who do not know, I am deaf. Kansas is also gorgeous on various social media sites. So let’s see how she does for the preliminary and finals.
Idaho – this girl is so gorgeous that I couldn’t take my eyes off of her. I think she can potentially be the dark horse that people don’t talk about or pay attention to. Let’s see how she does for the preliminary and finals.
As for the Top 16—My final list (hopefully) since the preliminary is on tonight so anything could change!
16: Alaska – Kimberly, I loved her video and she is pretty in pictures. It would be nice to have Alaska placed in the semi-finalist round. The last time was in 2005, I believe. I think she can break the streak.
15: Maryland – Hannah, another strong Marylander that I think should be in the Top 16. I would love to see her in the Top 16 since her sister at Miss USA, Kasey, didn’t go that far. I was disappointed to see how Kasey ended up short of winning the crown.
14. Montana – Maurissa, one of the most pretty Miss Montana Teen I have ever seen since Katie Blair won Miss Teen USA 2006. She seems like a real sweetheart. I loved all of her pictures on social media.
13. South Dakota – Alexis, she is a dark horse. I love dark horse girls because normally they outshine at the end if the judges really notice them the way I do. She is tall and gorgeous! I would love to see South Dakota break their streak.
12. Kansas – Alyssa, I never paid attention to her until the media week. This girl knows sign language. For some of you who don’t know me, I am deaf. That means a lot to see someone sign on YouTube and have it posted on the Miss Teen USA website. I feel connected with her. She is also beautiful. I think she can go that far to secure a Top 16 spot.
11. Arizona– Olivia- I have been to Miss AZ USA 2013. This girl didn’t really get my attention until later on this year. She is getting prettier. They must work on her very well this year. So let’s see how she does for Arizona this year.
10. Idaho – Lorena, this girl didn’t get my attention until Miss Teen USA media week. She is beautiful. It would be nice to see Idaho break the streak. The last time Idaho was in the Top 16 and even 4th runner up was in 2008. She is simply gorgeous.
9: Wisconsin – Kate, another simply stunning girl that caught my eyes a long time ago. She is a natural beauty queen who does not overdo it like other girls. I would like to see her placed in the Top 10.
8: North Carolina – Kelsey, I think she’s one of the strongest Miss North Carolina Teen since Melissa Lingafelt who I thought would have won the title. She is also a good friend of Alex-Taylor Deitz, who was the 1st runner up to Miss PA Teen in 2012 and 2013.
7: West Virginia – Haley, I am fortunate to meet her a few times. She is gorgeous and darling in person. This girl knows how to rock on the stage — like she did at the state pageant. Haley is the strongest Miss West Virginia Teen I have ever seen since the day I began following pageants.
6: Maine – Delaney, I think it would be tough competition. It would be fabulous to see Maine in the Top 10. She may even have a shot for the Top 5.
5. Connecticut – Kendall, this girl is really ADOREABLE in person when I met her at Miss USA. I fell in love with her right away at that moment. I think she can sneak into Top 5 if judges and people see her the way I see her. But her sister, Erin Brady, won Miss USA 2013 and Logan West won Miss Teen USA 2012. So that would be tough, but who knows if they will choose her. If chosen, she and her sister will be back-to-back title holders, similar to what happened at Miss Universe 2008 and 2009. Kendall also has an amazing personality. If you had met her, you would concur with me.
4. New York – Nikki, I didn’t really pay attention to her until her web interview and seeing her on social media. This girl has something that I couldn’t point my finger on. I think she is very unique.
3: Tennessee – Emily, this girl is simply gorgeous. They have been sending strong Tennessee girls to the Miss Universe Organization. So I am not surprised if she will make it in the Top 5 when other people don’t see her in the Top 5.
2: Georgia – Julia is dead-drop gorgeous! I would not be surprised if she would be Miss GA USA someday. She is in my Top 2 for a long time and that hasn’t changed after seeing her video and pictures on social media. She is impeccable!
1. Mississippi – Madison is the whole package. I have been watching her from Miss USA (June) and have been viewing her pictures. She seems authentic and has a beautiful personality that people would fall in love with. She is also easy to talk to and is very personable. I think that’s what Miss Teen USA should be, and Madison has the right qualities for that.
I believe the Greenwood girls are very strong this year for Miss Teen USA and Miss USA , but I was left speechless when none of them placed in the Top 16 for Miss USA. So I hope that this time, we would see three Greenwood girls in the Top 5.
As for Connecticut and Maine, I think it would be either one of them to get the 5th spot, but lately my prediction list is dead wrong and I had to throw it out of the window. For the last few years, this has really surprised me. I usually have good predictions and have accurate Top 5s.
Duly noted, many of you think that California has it, but I personally don’t think she will win . However, I think she may be in the Top 16. I have to say, she is not on my list because she didn’t really sold me.
My vision of a winner of Miss Teen USA would be the girl who is a whole package; a girl who would meet anyone and take pictures with them and give autographs to fans. There are many fans who look up to Miss Teen USA. Miss Teen USA sets up an example for many young girls who want to chase their dreams to become a princess and even a beauty queen! Also, I think Miss Teen USA should be mature in many different ways and be sophisticated and not be too teeny-teen.
I hope you have enjoyed reading this. You might hear from me again after the preliminary tonight. My whole list can change unexpectedly, but I doubt that it would change significantly. Maybe just a few.