I had a chance to do this amazing interview with unforgettable Miss Florida USA 2011, Lissette Garcia, who is one of my role models. I hope you guys will enjoy reading my interview with her and getting to know her a little better. You can also follow her on Twitter @lissettekfox14.
1) Tell us 5 things that we don’t know about you?
I have a 20 year old teddy bear. I’m obsessed with coffee mugs. I was born with spinal-bifida. I barely talk on the phone or go on Facebook. My eye sight on my right eye is 60/20 while my left is 10/20.
2) What was the best memories at Miss USA 2011?
all the places we went, VIP style everywhere with amazing food. As well as the wonderful friendships I made.
3) With this amazing cat walk on runaway at Miss USA 2011, where did you learn from?
Lol, I kinda grew up with it, I’m Latina and rocking our hips is in our blood. Of course I had my coaches help bring it out of me, but I let loose when I hit the Miss USA stage. No holding back! 🙂
4) Who designed your evening gown for Miss USA? Do you still keep the dress?
I designed it along with La Casa Hermosa, I pictured it one day and Robin put it on paper.Yes, I still do have my dress, although I will never be a size 2 again. I will keep it.
Matthew: It was one of the best dresses I ever seen in pageant world, and I was and am still in love with your dress.
5) What’s your favorite memory as Miss FL USA ?
Meeting the Seminole Tribe of Florida, we did a few events, but I think it was the most memorable. I love history, so I learned a lot from them about Florida’s first settlers.
6) Do you still keep in touch with girls after the pageant?
Yes I do, unfortunately I wish I could see them more often, but I do keep in touch.
7) What advice would you give to girls who are competing for their states?
Do it, with all your heart. Don’t focus on the crown focus on why you are doing it.
8) Have you had previous experience with pageants besides FL USA?
Yes I did, I did pageants around the world. I did Queen of the World, Reina Hispanoamericana, Caribbean World, Miss Cuban American, Nuestra Bellaza Latina.
Matthew: What is the highest placement did you go for this pageant?
Lisette: Top 15
9) Would you compete in pageant world someday such as Miss FL America or Mrs (someday?)
No, I got to where I wanted in the pageant world, I did pageants for the chance to get to Miss Universe one day, and I got as far as I could. No more pageants for me, just concentrating on my career now.
10) Name one or two former miss USA or Universe you looked up as role models?
Rachel Smith, Miss USA 2007 from Tennessee, and Zuleyka Rivera, Miss Universe 2006 from Puerto Rico. Rachel Smith was beautiful inside and out, she’s was a perfect balance of girl next door and hot momma! He poise and intelligence was inspiring. She still is. Zuleyka is so amazingly gorgeous, hot Latina bombshell (she was one of my judges, so I was so nervous having her look at me) she was the person I wanted to embody on the Miss USA stage.
11) What was your first thought when they announced you as top 16?
“Oh, no comes swim, just relax…” that was pretty much it.
12) Describe one word of yourself and why?
Strong, I am a strong woman because so many things in life could’ve brought me down from the beginning and I always keep my head up and no matter what stay strong. My faith helps me be strong.
13) What is your future plans?
I’m in El Paso doing journalism now and hopefully I can move to L.A. in the future to continue this career and even hosting a show, who knows the sky is the limit and we’re not in control, just hang on for the ride. 🙂